Having a nice music system in your car is one of the important things on board for a long drive. More than a branded head unit, having a powerful speaker makes the audio quality experience more enjoyable for you. Choosing a good car speakers may get confusing with so many options available in the market. Depending upon your budget, frequency, and purpose of use you can review comparative study of various modal of different quality and size available in the auto market recently shared by www.autoexpress.co.uk.
The initial choices to make is to select the type of aftermarket speakers.
It includes a subwoofer for low-frequency sound and tweeter mounted on the subwoofer for high-frequency sound. Some of them also have additional drivers like super tweeter etc. Also called by the name coaxial speakers, these are available in varied sizes and price and suitable to replace factory fitted speakers and can be easily installed through DIY installation.
It generates better quality sound. It includes separate woofer, external crossovers, and tweeters. These are made of better quality material. High-quality internal components lead to more realistic sound generated.
Certain tips which may help to choose appropriate speaker include:
• The sensitivity of speaker: It is a measurement of how much sound is generated by the speaker when power is applied upon that. Factory-installed systems have low power, hence require highly sensitive speakers. High power stereo system and amplifier produce better sound.
• Power handling: It refers to how many watts of power the speaker can handle. Depending upon your requirement, a speaker should be able to handle the power which is the output of external unit or amplifier.
• Speaker building quality: Most speakers fitted by car company are made of a low-quality material that would degrade with time. By upgrading the speaker and using the old headset may also give out the high-quality sound. Also, the good quality speaker is durable. Some of the material which should be used are rubber surrounding enhances sound quality. Avoid speaker which use foam, paper or cloth as surrounds. Woofer made from polyproline and metal coated synthetic fabric provides better bass response and are lightweight. Sometimes ceramic, harder metal can also be used.
• Full range speakers with tweeters which produce high-frequency sound are a better choice for doors speakers. A detachable tweeter is also an option which can be attached as and when required.
• External crossover: Full range speakers use crossovers to separate frequencies sent to woofer and tweeter. Some crossovers have extra input terminal. Hence two separate cables carrying signals from two different amplifiers, one low frequency (woofer) and another high frequency (tweeter) to give an output of high quality of surround sound.
• Additional accessories: some of the add-ons which really enhance the music experience inside the care include foam baffles which keep the speaker protected from moisture and dust. Bass blocker improves the efficiency of smaller speakers by blocking unwanted low-frequency inputs. Toolkit which makes the installation and removal of sound panels much convenient and more accessible. Dynamite which improves the sound experience in terms of clarity, volume, bass by lowering the noise level in the car causing a disturbance.
Getting it installed by a professional expert will ensure better results and durability.